Dr. Mortensen is committed to outstanding patient care and strives to treat all patients as though they are members of his own family. He believes in a conservative approach to treatment and plans each case based on the individual’s unique needs and goals. He looks forward to helping you achieve a beautiful smile.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical biology – University of Utah
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Washington School of Dentistry
- Orthodontic certificate – St. Louis University
- Master’s degree in dental science – St. Louis University
Dr. Mortensen strives to stay abreast of the latest techniques in orthodontics and regularly attends continuing education meetings and seminars.
Activity in the Dental Community
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Society
- Published author – American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
Outside the Office
Dr. Mortensen is a Utah native, raised in Taylorsville, and a second-generation dentist. He has been married to Amy Vranes for more than a decade. Together, they have four children.